We don’t want your society to miss the opportunity to fund a special project or purchase, so the deadline to apply for a WSGS Innovative Grant has been extended to April 1, 2018.
The grants, up to $100, are designed to support the inventive and creative efforts of WSGS-member societies and organizations. The awards do not have to be repaid — they’re FREE MONEY to support worthy projects. Up to five grants will be awarded at the WSGS Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony on Saturday, May 26, 2018, in conjunction with the Clark County Genealogical Society’s Spring Seminar.
Created in 2015, the Innovative Grants have provided full and partial funding for a wide variety of projects:
- Support the scanning and preservation of the society’s historical records for posting on their website.
- Labeling equipment to provide labels for more than 3,000 books in local society’s research library.
- Support of promotional community events with genealogy-related themes.
- Upgrade office equipment in society’s research library.
- Purchase of gravestones for Civil War veterans in the local historic cemetery.
- Upgrade software designed to index and preserve more than 400,000 local records.
- Promotion of adoption of society mascot. See photo on right.
- Assist in purchase of new society computer, 22” monitor and portable hard drive to ensure back-up of files.
- Assist in purchase of a computer for genealogical research at local library.
- Removal of trees that are endangering the safety of people and protection of grave markers at local cemetery.
- Purchase of a new laptop computer to be used for society presentations and transcription of documents.
- Purchase prizes for society’s writing contest.
- Purchase specialized computer software to enable more than one volunteer to enter data related to local obituaries, cemetery records, World War I records and more.
For more information, contact Roxanne Lowe, Interim Chair, WSGS Recognition Committee, at Roxanne@thekeeffes.com.