Does your society have a member who has demonstrated long-term exemplary service above and beyond expectations? Someone who has really made a difference? Consider nominating him/her for the President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement. Previous awardees are shown here.
The ideal recipient of the President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement has:
• Exhibited long-term, consistent service in the field of genealogy, family or local history, the genealogical community, records preservation or made an important single contribution in those areas that will endure into the future.
• Demonstrated a high degree of energy, commitment, flexibility, and professional conduct.
• Provided significant support and impact to the local genealogical community time and time again.
• Exhibited personal influence and example to society members and/or the general public with their unselfish service.
• Supported or advanced local or statewide genealogical research.
Nominations may be submitted by any individual, local society or organization, regardless of WSGS membership. Nominees do not have to have been officers in their local societies.
Two letters of recommendation must be submitted with the nomination form. Additional documents may be attached, if relevant. Nominations are due May 1, 2022 to Info@wasgs.org.
Nominations will be reviewed by the WSGS Board of Directors, resulting in a recommendation to the WSGS President who will make a final decision.
The President’s Award will generally, but not necessarily, be awarded each year. The award will be announced June 1, 2022. The awardee will receive a commemorative gift and their name will be engraved on the perpetual plaque.
For more information, email Info@wasgs.org. Please put “President’s Award” in the Subject Line.