|INTERNATIONAL GERMAN GENEALOGY PARTNERSHIPANNOUNCES 2023 CONFERENCE REGISTRATION FEESThe International German Genealogy Partnership has announced registration fees for its 2023 hybrid conference, to be held in Fort Wayne, Indiana, June 9-11 next year.|
You will have access to more than 100 presentations. Almost 70 presentations are expected to be given live on-site and/or virtually, along with a large number of on-demand, recorded programs.
Participants also can attend IGGP Connection Sessions, where individuals can talk with and learn from other attendees interested in shared topics. And Whova, the conference app, offers a multitude of ways for individual participants to make their own connections.
In addition, you will be able to visit our sponsors and exhibitors both on-site and virtually.
A reminder that hotel information is posted on the IGGP website. We’ve added to the number of rooms available at a conference rate, so take a look.
Registration for the conference will open in early January with an “early-bird” discount period. Fees will increase after that ends. So it’s worthwhile to register early.
Here is the list of registration options.
● Early-bird in person = $250 (for the person traveling to Fort Wayne)● Early-bird virtual = $225● Normal pricing in-person = $325 (after the early-bird period closes)● Normal pricing virtual = $300 (after the early-bird period closes)● USB conference works = $50 (buy as an add-on to your registration)
The USB conference works will have all the available recorded presentations. NOTE: This USB will be sold ONLY to those who register and pay for the conference. It will not be sold as a separate option to attendees or the general public after the conference ends.
In addition to the general IGGP conference, June 9-11, there are two special events being held on Thursday, June 8.
● IGGP Librarians Day is being hosted by the Allen County Public Library for librarians, archivists and others who assist patrons with genealogy research questions. The speakers will provide advice on how to assist patrons in their German research specifically. The programs will be available for those who attend in person or virtually. Registration costs $10 and is separate from the general conference.
● IGGP Leadership Day is for representatives and other leaders of the societies that are partners in the IGGP. These activities are available for those who attend in-person as well as virtually. Registration costs $25 if attending in-person to cover the cost of catering. Virtual participants may attend at no cost. Again, this registration is separate from the general conference.
Attendees will register through Whova, using a debit or credit card, when the early-bird period opens. As part of registration, you will set up your Whova account. When the conference goes live, you’ll be able to follow announcements, meet fellow attendees and set up your personal schedule of activities in Whova – whether you are coming in person or through cyberspace.
We believe we are providing a unique conference experience that is accessible to the greatest number of attendees. But some people may look at the fees and find them too high for comfort. So let’s take a minute to explain what your registration is paying for:
● The largest portion of your fee covers the cost of putting together a team of highly qualified, experienced speakers. The range of topics is tremendous, and we are proud to offer presentations in languages other than English. The cost of bringing you these speakers is the same whether you attend in-person or virtually.
● If you attend in-person, the remainder of your fee covers the cost of the facilities in which we will meet and the staff to make sure things run smoothly.
● If you attend virtually, the remainder of your fee pays for the technology and staff to get you connected and ensure you can participate.
As many societies, small and large, are discovering … hybrid is not easy or cheap. We all sort of know how to put on an in-person conference and have done it with the help of hundreds of volunteers. But when you bring virtual into the picture, you hire people with the expertise and experience to ensure success.
When you break down the cost vs. benefit, we hope you will agree that registration for the 2023 IGGP conference is a bargain! So stay tuned for the announcement that registration is open and get in early. Questions may be emailed to email@example.com.