Nominations from local societies for the Outstanding Volunteer and Outstanding Team awards are almost due. The deadline to send your nominations to Info@wasgs.org is Saturday, July 1, 2023. The forms are available here. The virtual announcement will be made Thursday, August 31, 2023.
A few FAQs about the Recognition program:
- Local societies can submit up to two individuals or one team/project for recognition.
- The Outstanding Volunteer/Team Award program is not a competition – it is locally driven. All nominees from local societies will be honored with an Outstanding Volunteer/Team certificate, but we want these awards to be special, so please don’t nominate your whole society (even though they are outstanding!).
- Posthumous awards are, of course, acceptable.
- Nominees may have received an Outstanding Volunteer award previously. Click here for a cumulative list of awardees (alpha by name and by society).
For more information about the awards, check out the Recognition page of the website. For more information, email Info@wasgs.org.
WSGS is proud to announce that the Outstanding Volunteer and Team Awards are back!!
After a three-year hiatus and a global pandemic, it’s time to honor those members who kept societies together and moving forward. Local societies can submit up to four individuals or two teams/projects for special recognition by WSGS.
The process for this year’s Outstanding Volunteer/Team Award program is accelerated and streamlined to recognize our volunteers as quickly as possible. They all deserve it, don’t they?
Letters to local societies and organizations, with additional details, have been emailed to society contacts. If you have not received that information, please contact Roxanne Lowe, WSGS Secretary at Info@wasgs.org. The milestones for this year’s nomination process are:
• No later than May 1, 2022: Submit the name(s), narratives and photographs of your honorees to Info@wasgs.org. The narrative (approximately 150 words) should explain the accomplishments of your nominee and why you are honoring him/her. The photograph should be a good quality digital photograph (at least 300 dpi).
• June 1, 2022: Formal announcement of the recipients will be announced.
Additional details and deadlines, plus indexes of honorees since 2003, may be found at the WSGS website at: https://www.wasgs.org/cpage.php?pt=54
Please contact Roxanne Lowe at Info@wasgs.org if you have questions or suggestions.