The WSGS Annual Meeting and Awards Ceremony, which includes the announcement of the Outstanding Volunteer and Team awards, Outstanding Communication and Project awards, WSGS President’s Award for Outstanding Achievement and Innovative Grant winners, will be Saturday, May 26, 2018 during the lunch period of Clark County Genealogical Society‘s Spring Seminar. The seminar and awards event will be held at the Fort Vancouver National Historic Site in Vancouver.
The seminar’s featured speaker will be David Allen Lambert, New England Historic Genealogical Society‘s chief genealogist. His seminar topics include:
- World War 1 Military
- Great Migration Era settler research
- Probate & Deed Records research
CCGS has planned other events during the weekend, including:
- Hudson Bay Company Gala Reception on Friday night. David will be the honored guest and will share his genealogical gems: seemingly small finds that led to amazing stories.
- A guided Cemetery Tour is proposed for Sunday. There will also be brochures for other local self-guided tours available at the CCGS Library.
- For the five days before and during Memorial Weekend, The Fort Vancouver Tapestry will be displayed at the CCGS Library. Completed in 2005, this historic community project required 57 skilled stitchery workers contributing 100,000 hours over more than five years. For more information, visit http://www.fortvancouvertapestry.com.
For out-of-towners, the Hilton Hotel is offering special rates. The Hilton’s web access page is: http://www.hilton.com/en/hi/groups/personalized/P/PDXVAHH-CCG-20180525/index.jhtml?WT.mc_id=POG. Be sure to mention the CCGS group reservation code CCG.