It’s that time of year! Time for your society to honor your outstanding volunteers or teams with an Outstanding Volunteer or Team Award.
- No later than July 1, 2023: Submit the form and photograph of your honoree(s) to Info@wasgs.org. The narrative (approximately 150 words) should explain the accomplishments of your nominee/team and why you are honoring him/her/them. The photo should be a good quality digital photograph (at least 300 dpi).
- September 1, 2023: Formal announcement of the recipients will be announced.
A few special notes:
- Local societies can submit up to two individuals or one teams/projects for special recognition by WSGS.
- The Outstanding Volunteer/Team Award program is not a competition – it is locally driven. All nominees from local societies will be honored with an Outstanding Volunteer/Team certificate, but we want these awards to be special, so please don’t nominate your whole society (even though they are outstanding!).
- Posthumous awards may be considered.
- If your nominee is camera shy & doesn’t want to have a picture submitted, that’s fine. Also, if you’re unable to snap a picture of your whole team, we’re okay with individual member photos.
- Nominees may have received an Outstanding Volunteer award previously. Click here for a cumulative list of awardees (alpha by name and by society).
- Please honor the July 1 timeline for nominations. There is a lot of behind-the-scenes work, including reviews, to be done before the announcement on September 1.
- The nomination form is attached. Please complete one form per person or team.
Additional details and deadlines may be found at the WSGS website here.
Please contact Roxanne Lowe at Info@wasgs.org if you have questions or suggestions.